Tuesday 10 May 2011

"into the sticks" is the title of my blog and I think it aptly describes what this blog is all about.

2011 is my year of community service as a radiographer; I've been sent to a rural little town somewhere in the middle of Mpumalanga.. It's a beautiful area with colourful people, rolling hills and thunderous skies. It also has the smallest x-ray department I have ever seen or worked in.

I hope to portray some of the many experiences that this year will bring and capture the changing moods and emotions that I'm sure many a comm serve worker goes through during their year 'in the sticks'. Beyond the obvious reason behind comm serve and developing one's clinical skills, it's a time of personal growth and discovery; an opportunity to explore a different part of our diverse country; a chance to meet people from all walks of life and come face to face with the socio-economic issues surrounding South Africa and it's health care system; it's a great challenge but one that will be well worth it in the end.

This blog is dedicated to all my fellow community service workers and to documenting a spectacular time in my life.

 Thank you for taking the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment