Tuesday 10 May 2011

pilgrims rest

best cappucino this side of the country!! it even had edible glitter and marshmellows!!



This is Doris. I met her on one of my missions to Pilgrims Rest. She has her own little curio store on the side of the road of hand made African items and scarves. She is a mother and grandmother and was very concerned about all her children especially the teenagers and young adults. When she found out I work in the hospital, she had many questions about HIV/AIDS, TB and what she can do to protect her family - she said "they do not want to listen." It was quite an experience being able to comfort her and she really touched my heart. I hope my words helped her.

Doris was very concerned about her lack of teeth - this was a scarce one of her smiling.

1 comment:

  1. You've always had a way of helping people, meaning something to this lady inspires me. Keep the pics coming, you have amazing stories to tell.xxx

    ReplyDelete